Thursday 2 February 2012

Tuesday's Thoughts, Vol. 2


Feb 1

So, I know it is Wednesday, but Tuesday was too filled of action to post “Tuesday’s thoughts”. We rented a car, bought a cellphone, drove in to Belize City to pick up some family members, went to the Belize Zoo (awe-some) and drove the hummingbird highway to Dangriga – a small sleepy Garifuna town on the Eastern Coast. All in all, a busy, busy day!
Here are my thoughts for the week:
Never assume, always ask.
Being licked by a Jaguar IS as awesome as it sounds
The Belize Zoo is very very awesome. (more on this is a future post!)
2 weeks of just “hanging out” is about all I can handle.
There may be no more beautiful stretch of scenery than the Hummingbird Highway
There is a Blue Hole, and a Blue Hole National Park, and they are 2 completely different things.
I am way more a “water destination” guy then an “inland vegetation destination” guy.

Here’s Penny!
I may never get enough rum punch
I’d much rather sleep with Andrew than with a tarantula
The smog from vehicles ruins the walking experience
Slooooooow down to Belizean time, otherwise you’ll go crazy
It may rain while on holidays, but dammit, I’m still on holidays
I love the peace and calm of the underwater world when snorkeling
Seeing such paradise gives me hope that there are places of pure peace
I do a great “freedom!” impression of Mel Gibson in Braveheart (yelled out very loud while driving down the highway in our rental vehicle. Note to self: warn the driver beforehand).

No comments:

Post a Comment