Tuesday 14 February 2012

Tuesdays Thoughts, Vol. 4

Hey everyone.

Well, the time has gone to bid adios to Belize. Tomorrow morning we leave bright and early for the border at Benque del Veijo and onwards to the island town of Flores, Guatemala. We shall look back fondly on our time in San Ignacio, and Belize in general...but I believe our adventure REALLY starts now.

There was a comfort level here in Belize. A base to call home for the entire month, English as the national language and hosts here to help us if we ever needed it. Good-bye comfort zone!

I only have a couple of thoughts to share this week:



1. Poaching eggs in a frying pan...not as hard as one would expect.
2. They have this concentrated juice in a bottle down here called Squash (Orange squash, pineapple squash...etc, etc...) Greatest drink, EVER!
3. I am either the worst crib player ever (unlikely) or Penny is the luckiest. (Significantly more likely)
4. Bringing the push up bars was a stroke of genius by my lovely wife.
5. My wife is a patient running partner who is doing a great job helping me start the process of becoming a runner.
6. Pie: goood.

Here's Penny...I believe she has some stuff she feels strongly about!


·        1. You better like your eggs scrambled, because that’s the only way they’re served in Belize
·        2. Why do chickens cross the road? I don’t know either, but they’re always doing it. Hey, maybe that scrambles the eggs!?! I’m a genius!
·        3. I have yet to see any hand sanitizer; nor one person with a cold.
·        4. I am addicted to playing Rainbow Yahtzee on my iPad. Mom, you’ll love it. Dad won’t have to listen to the sound of dice anymore. Can you believe it?
·        5. I love Tootsie the dog. Having her around makes me want to get a dog. Seriously.
·        6. Purchasing room temperature eggs that are stored on the floor of grocery stores, aka “Chinas”, were difficult to consider purchasing. Now it seems normal. You might have to shoo away a pet rabbit, parrot, or dog, and there may still be feathers on the eggs, but they are the most delicious, fresh, free range (see above re: road crossing chickens) eggs I have ever eaten
·        7.  I have been blessed with the feeling of safety here in Belize. I hope the next month in Guatemala is just as safe for me and my beloved.

We may be dark for a few days during the travels, so don't fret...we will update you as soon as we can.

Much love to all


1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I can't believe a whole month has gone by...You both seem to be learning and living...what an opportunity!!!

    Keep safe!!!

    ReplyDelete